October 19th, 2004, 09:58 PM
65-71 deg C Nightmare..
Asrock P4 VT8+ Mobo
1 gig 2700 DDR
Radeon 9800Pro XT 3d card
My rig's cooling:
- CoolerMasterAerogate sensor temp monitor w/ dial speed control (just for temp checking really, as I only have 2 fans)
- Thermaltake water cooling system (pump w/ cpu and vga blocks and radiator)
- CM AG2 reads the CPU temp at 39-44C when the computer is idling at windows desktop and will head upwards of 65C when under load (like 3d gaming)
- Speedfan 4.1.2 records the internal CPU temp at 71C under load.
This heating issue occured after I replaced a burned out motherboard. Previous to this, it wasn't hitting 44C while under load and was frequently south of 28C normally.
- Is this a thermal paste issue? (I did improperly coat it after the transfer (too much) and now I have redone it w/ the white RadioShack stuff)
- Unknown reasons.. any wild ideas on what it might be if it's not a paste issue? I can't see this as being a failing of my water cooler as my flow meter reads it's pushing more than enough water to cool efficiently and the radiator is cool to the touch.
December 1st, 2004, 10:24 PM
I would say its the thermal gel but you said you changed it. Did you make sure you had all the old off the CPU and the water block. try cleaning the water block with Alcohol to get and tarnish that may be on it off.
December 29th, 2004, 09:13 AM
If youre from the uk go to www.thecoolingshop.com and get some TIM cleaner and also so Artic Silver 5, cos n doubt that radioshack stuff youve put on is crap.
December 29th, 2004, 04:28 PM
this might not help. but it's just a suggestion.
have you tried updating the motherboard's bios...
for some reason i had improper temps on everything (bios, motherboard monitor, the monitor software that came with the mobo.) until i updated the bios.
it was weird if you ask me.