1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i can't take it anymore!

guys, i have this new pc, pentium IV 2.4ghz, 256ddr
    it runs alright, but when i try to play my fav game (baldurs gate 2) wich it's suppossed to run supperbly on a PIII, my cooling fan goes bananas, it starts making a lot of noise after 1 hour of game play, though i always check the bios and it says that the cpu temp is only 52degrees. I have an ecs pm800 motherboard, and some guy said to me that it would get hot very fast if i tryed to run a game using the integrated video card, so i bought a Radeon 9600xt, and tried to run my game again, i left it in pause and when i came back an hour later the fan was very noisy and the whole room smelt like burning plastic!!!! (nothing was harmed though).

whats the problem with this thing??
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I guess because your cpu is too hot, so the fan increase its speed, it runs faster, so it becomes noisy

check if your fan is connected with cpu seamlessly
  5. No Profile Picture

another question

since i bought this video card (ATI 9600xt), my baldurs gate game became exeedingly fast, not in a good way, it looks like it were running in fast forward. what can i do so i can run it on the proper speed? i tryed disabling the video card, but then it runs like if it was a pentium II 300mhz!
    it was running perfectly before i installed the new video card!
  7. No Profile Picture

You may want to replace your fan. It maybe where the CPU gets hotter as you play and this would make your fan hot and makes it where it will not run. I've had this happen before

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo