Thread: Arctic Silver 5

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arctic Silver 5

so i think i've had this crappy stuff long enough and i should buy some Arctic Silver 5. but i was just wondering if there was currently anything else on the market that's better than it? i checked their website to see if they were gonna be releasing something better anytime soon but their future products page is still under construction. also, should i pay more for the bigger size? i know a logical response is gonna be it depends on how much i need for say extra computers or overclocking or reapplying every so often, but i just wanna make sure this stuff will last me before anything else comes out, cuz i dont know how long Arctic Silver 5 has been out.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You use the equivalent of a grain of rice per CPU. A little goes a long way. Unless you're in production, the small size should do you for typical home use.

Are you supposed to reapply it now and then?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

well i dont know, but should i need to i would like to. and i might be letting friends use it
  7. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

The small size is more than enough unless you plan to give it to dozens of people. There isn't really anything better available, and any future product would offer only incremental improvement at most. Its not worth waiting.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

ok thanks karsh, that's the kind of answer i was looking for i'll try to get some as soon as possible then.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo