1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Watercooled 3.4 northwood - Temp issue?

Hello
    I think my problem is a bit weird however this place seems really helpful.
    I recently purchased a p4 3.4 ghz northwood processor and DFI infinity (DFI i865PE) motherboard and Coolermaster Aquagate Water Cooling.
    The problem is my bios is reporting the cpu temperature at around 53 degrees C and the watercooling kit is reporting the cpu temperature alot less (34 degrees C).
    The person who fitted it all together has had alot of experience and he refitted the waterblock about 4 times and places the sensor on the copper part of the waterblock that is attached to the processor.
    Should i be worried about the bios reporting a 53 degrees C temperature at idle and should i scrap the watercooling if the proccessor is too hot as i don't want to fry it.
    I am unsure whether to listen to the bios or the watercooling sensor but in my past experience i have never seen such a big difference in the bios temp and a sensor temp.

I hope someone out there can help and if so thanks in advance.

Lisa Fascione
    aka wiesel
  3. Warning: I can't read

no the mobo temps are always off alot. The other sensor is going to be alot more accurate.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

sometimes if you update the bios for the motherboard, it'll fix those temp. errors.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo