1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

P4 3.0 GHz cooling problem

I have recently bought a system with following configuration
    P4 3.0 Ghz CPU on Intel 915GV MB, 512 MB RAM .

I have installed intel's desktop utility for seeing the temperatures of board and processor.
    Under normal running conditions the temperatures shown are,
    Processor - 58-60 degree centigrade
    Zone 1 - 42 to 45 degree centigrade
    Zone 2 - 41 to 44 degree centigrade

Also under normal conditions it is not giving any warnings as the upper limits are set as 70,50, and 50 respectively.
    But if I try some game like NFS2, It gives error saying that the processor temperature has exceeded its maximum. Why is it so? What could be wrong in my system? I am worried.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Don't let this worry you. Intel run a little warm. Set your warning temp range to 70C and see it the processor ever reaches that point. If it does i would recommend you use a heatsink with piped technology. Go to Intel's web site and get the temp. specs for your processor. I have run a processor over 100C and it was never damaged. They have a high temp. rateing so you should be on if you hit 70C
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi,
    I had actually set the limit as 70 initially. Under normal run, it keeps at 60 degrees, but if I use antivirus for a full system scan, at least once it hits 70 but it will go down to 65. Also if I run a game such as NFS, it shoots up to 70. I have tried the limit as 72, but same result while scanning the system, but I can play the game........!!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Get you a heat sink with piped technology. These work very well. I used on on a P4 3.20 and it brought be down to lower 40's
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks....

Thanks for the replies.....

Kuzhalmannam Agraharam
    Management Education

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo