1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Water/Liquid cooling cleaning & other questions...

how often should you clean a water/liquid cooling parts?
    tubes, reservoir, generator & all that good stuff...

how often should i replace fluid?

what's the best fluid to use?

PC Specs << view in IE or other browser of your choice please (having problems in Firefox)
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Distilled water is the basic cooling ingredient. Additives are frequently put in to inhibit corrosion and algal growth, I won't get into detail but there are myriad combinations to try out that can be found with a bit of the ol' Google.

You'll need to add water occasionally (how often depends on your setup and materials, but whenever the level in the reservoir starts getting low), and add more additives once in a while. I've seen recommendations to drain and clean the system every year or 6 months, again depending on your situation. If the water is getting cloudy or has stuff growing, clean the system.

There isn't a lot of hard science and water coolers differ in their exact setups. Overall, just keep an eye on things and experiment a little to find what works best for you. Water cooling isn't a "set it and forget it" solution like air cooling, you need to watch and react if things start changing.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ah got you. thanks for the info. now to figure out what i need

thank you for your reply

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo