1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Post Q6600 idling at 35C stock with Zalman 9500 cooler

Computer setup:
    Processor: Q6600 G0 Stepping (original) @ stock
    Motherboard: Abit IP35-Pro
    Cooler: Zalman 9500A (2ball)
    Case: Coolermaster.. (forgot model, 3 aux fans)
    Ram: 8gb Corsair

Temperatures
    Idle: ~35 degrees Celsius
    Full: ~52 degrees Celsius

I was getting these same temperatures with a ZEROTherm BTF95 so I bought a Zalman 9500. Even cranked all the way up to high - nothing changes.

I setup the Zalman to feed off of an aux fan so I know its blowing cool air. and I've been building computers for over 10 years so I know what I am doing when it comes to setting it up / applying the right amount of silver and I'm just at a loss.

When I first built this rig, my temps were idling at around 20 degrees so I really don't understand what could / would have changed. Any help would be *really* appreciated here.. I did a search but with these parameters, its hard to narrow something like this down.
  3. Prisoner of the Sun

What's wrong with that?

I have a similar setup and CoreTemp says my idle is 30-35 degrees celcius

Q6600 G0 Stepping @ 333Mhz = 3GHz (Speedstep is on)
    Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi
    Arctic Freezer 7 Pro
    Antec P182 (3 x 120mm case fans on Low)
    2Gb DDR3 @ 1333MHz
    :: My blip.fm tunes :: Web Design Feeds :: Web Dev Feeds :: CheatSheets :: PHP :: MySQL :: 13 Moon FB App.

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself - subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream. We are the imaginations of ourselves."
    - Bill Hicks

"Truth is hidden in the subtle nature of the heart of everything, although it is invisible. One cannot see it from inside and neither from the surface. One can only live and experience it."
    - Heart Sutra
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

That's almost exactly what my Q6600 runs at too, albeit I have the generic heat sink on there. About 32-35C shortly after booting up maxing out about 55C on a hot day with the CPUs busy.

20C is 68F ... if its reporting that low a CPU temp I'm going to call the reading itself inaccurate.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  7. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks guys.. I was just concerned. I'll start cranking it up then and watch the temps..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo