1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

ASUS ENGT220 overheating

Hello all,
    I have a EMachine EL1331G desktop PC. Being that it didn't come with a video card I went to Microcenter and told them the kind of computer I have. They suggested a video card for me. I shouldn't have went any further with installation than I did to begin with. This part doesn't really pertain to my question but I'll give a little detail. The card seems like it is just backwards. I put the low profile bracket on it and it will not longer fit in my pc correctly. Way it makes it fit the VGA connection is useless being as that it ends up hanging out the bottom of my pc and I have to sit the computer on it's side so I disconnected it and just used the regular vga connection being as that I bought the card for the HDMI port mainly. Anyways I got it connected to my HDTV and was browsing on it for a few minutes when it just shut off. Went to my pc and noticed a slight odor and that my PC was really hot on the bottom where the graphics card is. I have now removed the card and plan to take it up to Microcenter tomorrow to have them look at it. Is this a normal problem?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

May be It's a normal problem.Many video cards will run really warm --like up to 95C --before they crash. What exactly is telling you the problem is overheating?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo