1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M3438G. Still hot.

I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M3438G. I cleaned all the dust from the fan and the heat sink, i changed the thermal paste in CPU.

Also I applied thermal paste in GPU chip, even if previous there was not. (Remove or keep it there?)

Over the graphic card, on the hot spots, there are some "strange" blue plastic pieces. I believe their use is the thermal contact between card and sink. I used the old pieces again.

The temperatures now are lower but still more than 55C when the laptop is idle.

The fan works but it seems to work in the same speed all the time. There is not any option for the speed in BIOS and speedfan doesn't regognize it.

Also hard disk was and remains hot . How can I cool him?

Last BIOS and drivers are installed.

Any ideas?
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Most of the time laptops will run "hot" and that's just how it is. having the CPU running at 55 doesn't sound like it's going to cause any issues so I wouldn't be worried about that.

As far as the hard drive and graphics card, these do get hot as well. I've seen lots of users have a laptop on a cushion or pillow instead of having it directly on their lap because it gets to hot.

It doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with your laptop from that little bit there. It sounds like it's acting relatively normally.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo