1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation 100% CPU usage and unnecessary pop ups

help me out guyz
    i work on windows 2000 professional version and recently am facing a problem of the 100% CPU (only when connected to the internet) and unnecessary pop up ads. i tried clearing the internet temporary files cache, cookies and the temp files. then scanned the whole computer with norton antivirus 2004 - this took around 5hrs which normally took for about 45mins - 60mins; and was still going on. tried to clean the registry using the registry cleaner. there is a process "weur.exe" running and sometimes CCProxy uses a lot of memory sometimes. The computer slows down when i try to connect to the internet.

thanks to all who read this and thanks a lot to guyz who try to help me out.
  3. No Profile Picture

Maybe you have spyware? i had a similar problem with my Bro's pc. he had amounts over 1000 spyware files on his pc. to get rid of them, i used adaware se (third party version). it works great with all comps. also consider using a popup blocker. i use a borwser called netcaptor which has a inbuilt ad blocker and multiple page in one window i hope this helps
  5. No Profile Picture

a good registry cleaner?

hi im new to the forum and was looking for a vista reg cleaner can anyone suggest one?

Comments on this post

• jzd disagrees : Hijacking a 6 year old thread is not a way to post a question.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo