1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

AMD or INTEL for gaming PC?

What would be better to go with price wise along with power wise?

AMD or Intel? I am building myself a new Gaming PC and would like to hear what you guys recommend for me to use in my next PC build so what is it AMD or Intel?

Whats more powerful for gaming wise along with price good?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Intel dominates at the high-end performance-wise, and AMD tends to be better at the low-end cost-wise. In the middle they tend to trade back and forth, so really it depends on what your actual budget is.

However, for today's games even a processor on the lower end of mid-range will be more than enough. I'm running an I7 that's almost 3 years old and have not yet come across a game where my system is CPU-bound.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for your reply.

I might go with AMD as I am going towards low budget.

My budget is around $800 would I get a decent custom PC?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Sorry to kind of necro this thread, but the only thing I wanted to add on to this is if you go with AMD buy a custom heastsink/fan combo. My last two PC's have been AMD based with stock heatsink/fan and they get super loud when playing games. Not sure if it's due to AMD's, "Cool n' Quiet" technology or what.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

800 should get you a good machine.

I hadn't thought about it before, but my AMD machine gets annoying loud when under load too (using the stock hsf). I haven't noticed the same thing with my Intel machine (also using stock hsf).
    PHP FAQ

Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  11. No Profile Picture

Intel is the way to go if your looking for best performace for price (thanks to sandy) they are atm the best you can get. saying that getting either AMD or intel is grand for gaming today either one will perform will. But the 2500 intel seems better.
  13. No Profile Picture

Depends on the Budget, i built a low budget ~500 build for work utilizing an AMD A10 APU but at home i have a ~900 gaming build utilizing an i5 3570K, the A10 has really impressed!

Thanks,
    Sam
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

AMD. The processor's raw performance won't be taxed, so you'll want to be getting a decent graphics chip in the bargain, which the AMD fusion chips include built in and are cheaper than their sooper-dooper Intel cousins that still require a graphics card to do anything decent looking.

Over the last two years I have to say I've been enormously impressed by AMD and totally changed my position on them (used to be an Intel snob). Its no longer about raw processing power -- its about the suite of peripherals and internal bandwidth available among devices in the machine now. All that money spent on i7's usually just pays for the silent processing of billions of zeros per second while the processors are waiting for the next instruction (while in the meantime the crap graphics card you could barely afford after shelling out for the i7 is having a hard time delivering shadows and particles at 20 fps...).
  17. No Profile Picture

Re:

Intel: I have gained the worth experience of the Intel and it is damn good for gaming and of other purpose too. In my opinion you should go with Intel core i53570k. It is one time investment, along side it is in budget too(depending on the performance and specifications).
  19. Contributing User

Originally Posted by ReMiXeDg
    What would be better to go with price wise along with power wise?

AMD or Intel? I am building myself a new Gaming PC and would like to hear what you guys recommend for me to use in my next PC build so what is it AMD or Intel?

Whats more powerful for gaming wise along with price good?
    Intel is the preferred over AMD as because the former is suitable for heavy tasking operations like playing games on your computer. Price is higher than AMD, but you need to get the performance rather than getting a new processor after 6 months.

For cheaper budgets you can go for i3, but if you have stronger funds then I will suggest you for i5 or i7.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

As every one said AMD is better than INTEL for gmaing PC
    Everyone except the 50% of people in this thread who said the opposite.
    PHP FAQ

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo