1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ processor (Clawhammer, 2.4 GHz)

Again, as above i have a Compaq Presario with an AMD Sempron 3100+ that i was wondering if i can upgrade to a faster chip.... if this is possible, what info do i need to find on my system, and how, and where might i find this chipset?? Any help would be appreciated!! thanx.
    Last edited by iwoodsydragon@y; March 13th, 2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: new header info for first post of thread
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by iwoodsydragon@y
    Again, as above i have a Compaq Presario with an AMD Sempron 3100+ that i was wondering if i can upgrade to a faster chip.... if this is possible, what info do i need to find on my system, and how, and where might i find this chipset?? Any help would be appreciated!! thanx.
    Which model Presario in particular do you have? IIRC, the Sempron series ranged from Socket A to 939, but I'm pretty sure the 3100+ was a S754 model.

Get the model and check on Compaq's site, or post the model number here, and I can take a look to find out what series it was exactly.
  5. No Profile Picture

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ processor (Clawhammer, 2.4 GHz)

Originally Posted by Beleaguered
    Which model Presario in particular do you have? IIRC, the Sempron series ranged from Socket A to 939, but I'm pretty sure the 3100+ was a S754 model.

Get the model and check on Compaq's site, or post the model number here, and I can take a look to find out what series it was exactly.
    ok, so i was able to find specs on mobo and this is the fastest chipset for it...
    AMD ATHLON 64 3700+ PROCESSOR S754 CLAWHAMMER 2.4GHZ 1MB L2 CACHE RETAIL BOX - ADA3700BOX
    ...and this is also what i'm looking for..new preferably in retail box...
    and i have a question....does it come with a heatsink fan assembly already? i think so but not sure...
    so, i'm looking for one ppl, and i hope you can help me find one...combing all kindsa sites but not finding any new/unused...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by iwoodsydragon@y
    ok, so i was able to find specs on mobo and this is the fastest chipset for it...
    AMD ATHLON 64 3700+ PROCESSOR S754 CLAWHAMMER 2.4GHZ 1MB L2 CACHE RETAIL BOX - ADA3700BOX
    ...and this is also what i'm looking for..new preferably in retail box...
    and i have a question....does it come with a heatsink fan assembly already? i think so but not sure...
    so, i'm looking for one ppl, and i hope you can help me find one...combing all kindsa sites but not finding any new/unused...
    A "retail box" processor will almost always include the manual, processor, and cooling solution. An OEM processor would not. :-)

You're looking for a processor that has been phased out by AMD since 2005/2006. I saw a few listed on Ebay, but they were used. A quick search via Froogle or something brings up a few sites listing new chips but they all wanted a premium for them.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo