1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Centrino 1.5 GHz Stuck at 600Mhz!

Hi, I read this question on itmob.com. Anybody here know how to fix it??

I tried to swap the P-M 705 for a P-M 745 (1.8GHz 2MB L2) but it would not work at any higher than 600MHz, so I thought it was just not compatible, so I returned it. But when I swapped the 1.5GHz back in, it too would no longer go higher than 600MHz.
    I did a format after each time I changed processors. I downloaded the latest chipset utility from intel. I checked the BIOS if I can manually clock my processor. And I changed my power management scheme to minimal power management. But none of this helped.....
    Please help with any suggestions you can offer.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

remove the battery from the laptop and the mobo battery as well for about 8hrs. then reinsert the processor followed by the mobo battery and then the system battery and reboot. see if that helps...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by compu_wiz
    Hi, I read this question on itmob.com. Anybody here know how to fix it??

I tried to swap the P-M 705 for a P-M 745 (1.8GHz 2MB L2) but it would not work at any higher than 600MHz, so I thought it was just not compatible, so I returned it. But when I swapped the 1.5GHz back in, it too would no longer go higher than 600MHz.
    I did a format after each time I changed processors. I downloaded the latest chipset utility from intel. I checked the BIOS if I can manually clock my processor. And I changed my power management scheme to minimal power management. But none of this helped.....
    Please help with any suggestions you can offer.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
    It's speedstep - kicks in the 6x multiplier to save power. Find something regarding speed step in your cmos setup and disable it.
  7. No Profile Picture

Centrino 1.5 At 600 Mhz

Hi Guys I Hv The Same Problem When I Upgraded My Satellite A85 ( Originally A Celly 1.4 / 1mb / 400 ) And New Processor Is Pm 1.5/400 / 1mb ; But Speed Is Stuck At 600 Now ; Everything Running Real Slow ; Any One Found A Solution To Fix This ? Should I Reinstall The Winxp ?

Thanks
    Ken
  9. No Profile Picture

centrino stuck at 600

hi there ; i got the same problem , did u ever find a solution ? could you email me to <--email address removed--> ? much appreciated , thanks
    ken tan
    Last edited by aitken325i; February 20th, 2006 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Removal of e-mail address
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Could be a jumper on the motherboard to change clock speed
  13. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Did you read the post directly above yours? Look in the bios for SpeedStep settings.
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo