Thread: chipsets

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy chipsets

Hi,
    I have a problem, my friend died a few months ago and his widow wants me to complete a computer he was building. Problem motherboard is chipset 865 and processor is chipset 925! Will this cause a problem? My friend did know what he was doing but he had been ill for sometime. Any help much appreciated. Mobo is lga 775 and the cpu is lga 775.
  3. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

when did they start making CPUs with a chipset (unless you could the name of the core, but 925 is not one of them)?

but if the CPU and Motherboard are the same socket then it will more or less work (though in the case they are incompatible (err not properly matched) most things will run at lower speeds they can both do)

to be sure though, what is the chipset of your board (pick either the Intel 865 or Intel 925, only one) and what is the processor, specifically clock/bus speed or any anything else you feel is important (like multi-core or 64 bit CPU)
  5. www.devhardware.com/forums
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Or why don't you just specify what motherboard and what processor you have? Or give us links to them, as the best option!?
    For your more complex hardware related problems, visit DevShed's sister forums: DevHardware
    If you don't already know about it, please checkout our guide to Folding@Home . Join DevHardware team and help cure diseases. Your support is valuable and much appreciated. *

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo