1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Commercial hardboards & overclocking

Hi

I am a overclocking newbiee possible to get some advice??

Planning on buying a new Core 2 duo laptop. What vendor/motherboards overclocks best??

I am not looking for overclocking with pots, dry ice, etc!!

Looking to buy a reasonable machine and pump it up a bit.
    For example buying a laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor (2.26 Ghz) and pumping it up to 3.0 GHz.

Could you give an indication how much to increase the CPU speed for daily CPU intensive work??

Regards

Clive
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by CliveS
    Hi

I am a overclocking newbiee possible to get some advice??

Planning on buying a new Core 2 duo laptop. What vendor/motherboards overclocks best??

I am not looking for overclocking with pots, dry ice, etc!!

Looking to buy a reasonable machine and pump it up a bit.
    For example buying a laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 processor (2.26 Ghz) and pumping it up to 3.0 GHz.

Could you give an indication how much to increase the CPU speed for daily CPU intensive work??

Regards

Clive
    I could not recommend a motherboard to you because, well, I just don't know much about them. Although I do know that you definitely need to do lots of research and know exactly what you are doing before you do start overclocking it, because even minor mistakes can cause irreversible damage. And there are free programs that you can download that can help you when you start overclocking by showing you the temperature of your parts.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo