Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking Forward To Buy E6850
    Trying To Collect Funds For It
  3. No Profile Picture

I would future proof yourself and get a Q6600 thats easily overclockable to 3.0ghz. It took me 3-4 clicks and it can run at 3.0 with stock cooling!
  5. No Profile Picture

I am also in this pickle! I do not know which one to buy!

Whats funny is on newegg, the dual core is 20 dollars more than the quad core!

I am mainly a gamer, but I also am starting to map for counter-strike source and will be taking part in a HL2 mod that my friend is making.

I understand that you MAY overclock, both of these. I am pretty unexperienced with processors and would not really know how to, but if you can overclock the quad to 3.0, then wouldnt you be able to overclock the daul to something like 3.6? As I said, right now I am a gamer, but soon I plan to get into serious mod development.(A processor that can provide FAST compile time would be nice.)

I have; GeForce 7900GS, 1GB of ram, 530w Power supply and am running all of this off of my compaq presario SR1250NX

So should I pay 20 dollars more and go with the dual core, or go beastly with the quad core?

(srry for long post ><)
  7. Prisoner of the Sun

Q6600

You can never have too many cores, eh
    :: My blip.fm tunes :: Web Design Feeds :: Web Dev Feeds :: CheatSheets :: PHP :: MySQL :: 13 Moon FB App.

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself - subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream. We are the imaginations of ourselves."
    - Bill Hicks

"Truth is hidden in the subtle nature of the heart of everything, although it is invisible. One cannot see it from inside and neither from the surface. One can only live and experience it."
    - Heart Sutra
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by b3n
    Q6600

You can never have too many cores, eh
    Haha ty, that is true. Did you go witht he 6600 aswell?
  11. Prisoner of the Sun

Originally Posted by Reeper_Sniper
    Haha ty, that is true. Did you go witht he 6600 aswell?
    Yer
    :: My blip.fm tunes :: Web Design Feeds :: Web Dev Feeds :: CheatSheets :: PHP :: MySQL :: 13 Moon FB App.

"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We are all one consciousness experiencing itself - subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream. We are the imaginations of ourselves."
    - Bill Hicks

"Truth is hidden in the subtle nature of the heart of everything, although it is invisible. One cannot see it from inside and neither from the surface. One can only live and experience it."
    - Heart Sutra
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo