1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Core 2 Duo T5300??

Im thinking about getting a new hp dv6358 special edition laptop which includes the following:
    Core 2 duo t5300 with 64 bit processing running at 1.73 GHz with a bus speed of 533 MHz and 2mb cache,
    2 GB of DDR2 2 dimm ram(dont know what the speed is, i believe it is 667 MHz, correct me if im wrong)
    160 Gb hard drive at 5,400 RPM
    intel media accelerator 950 graphics card w/ 128 mb of shared memory.
    windows vista home premium

My questions are, how is this t5300 processor? I can not find info on it at all. Also, how does it stack up against other dual core processors and single cores like a pentium 4?

Also, how do i know how fast my ram is?

Any info on the processor would be great and input on this CPU vs other single and dual core ones... thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Core2duo5300
    Im thinking about getting a new hp dv6358 special edition laptop which includes the following:
    Core 2 duo t5300 with 64 bit processing running at 1.73 GHz with a bus speed of 533 MHz and 2mb cache,
    2 GB of DDR2 2 dimm ram(dont know what the speed is, i believe it is 667 MHz, correct me if im wrong)
    160 Gb hard drive at 5,400 RPM
    intel media accelerator 950 graphics card w/ 128 mb of shared memory.
    windows vista home premium

My questions are, how is this t5300 processor? I can not find info on it at all. Also, how does it stack up against other dual core processors and single cores like a pentium 4?

Also, how do i know how fast my ram is?

Any info on the processor would be great and input on this CPU vs other single and dual core ones... thanks
    The T5300 is a great processor and is able to handle many resources and applications. its a powerfull new processor compared to the Pentium Dual Core processors avaliable on some machines, and also the fact that your buying a HP laptop is not a bad idea either, possably one of the best in my opinion.

Remember with the Dual cores you must forget about what they're telling you the clock speed is.

1.73 basically if you want to realise how fast that would be on a P4, 1.73 x2 and u get your answer... pretty much

Regards,
    PC World Advisor.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo