1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

my CPU doesnt start??

HI all

All of a sudden my CPU turned off. when I tried to reboot it the power light of CPU just flashed once and turned off again. I tried new PSU, but its giving same problem. please help me??
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

You say CPU when you mean "computer". The cpu is just the chip. We need more details of your hardware, and what you were doing when it shut off. Any error messages? Any beeps when you try to turn it on? What OS are you running?
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. No Profile Picture

Re:my CPU doesnt start??

Sorry i should have write clearly. Actually I am talking about my tower. The operating system is Windows Xp. I was just browsing at that time and no beeps were heared at the time when i restarted it. the power light just flashing and going off when I try to reset the tower.
  7. fifo

Try, one by one, disconnecting your cd drives and hard drives. each time trying to boot. If it fails, reconnect removed device and remove another device. I say to do it this way as i'm not sure on your level of computer hardware knowledge and if you remove everything and slowly add items you might get lost. Do you get a beep or beeps when you power on? Do the fans start spinning, and are there any lights on the motherboard itself that should be on?
    Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on. - Billy Connolly
  9. No Profile Picture

i have tried disconnecting it one by one every time whem I restart it, the two lights(green-power,red-reset) are flashing once and the fan also runs during that small period of time. I have tried with new PSU, but the problem still existing.
  11. No Profile Picture

Replace the memory chip (RAM) with a good one. If the problem still exist, I think you have to change the motherboard.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo