1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Dell Inspiron 1501

Hello, Im wondering can you upgrade a Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop's processor.

- Cheers, Daniel
    PHP and C++ Programmer.
  3. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

looks like its socketed, so it should be possible, but i think you will have a very hard time finding a replacement CPU

a look at newegg makes me think that its probably a socket 478 (the mobile version, its not the same as the Desktop version), which would give you a choice of these CPUs, but that is just a guess, if you seriously want to do this then then you need to do a lot of research, check the exact socket and do some more searching on it, it might be some proprietary socket from dell, and then get the exact model of CPU you have now, check its thermal and power specs, and then check the power and thermal specs of the CPU you want to buy, your replacement CPU should have thermal and power specs that are close to the current CPU, if they are too high your current setup may not work with it (you need to remember that your running off a battery and with a tiny heatsink, its easy to get too hot or draw more then the battery can handle)

and after all that research, then you could try and replace it, just look through the manual and you will find that its going to be a major pain in the ***, and your money could probably be better spent just getting a new laptop with faster everything

Comments on this post

• aitken325i agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo