1. Banned

Overclock disappears ?

I overclocked my CPU but sometimes I check in CPUZ and find that the overclock has gone. If I then go into the BIOS I see that all the settings have gone back to Auto.

Does this mean that the cpu voltage is not high enough?

I haven't really done any strenuous stability testing but I've played 3D games for several hours and ran 3DMark etc without any problems. I leave Speedstep turned on.

Here is the details:

Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wifi (X38)
    Q6600 @ 333MHz = 3GHz
    OCZ PC3-10666 @ 667MHz = 1333MHz

I just leave the CPU voltage on Auto. I'm not sure what would be a safe starting point to increase it to/from... 1.25v ?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Did you flash your BIOS to the latest version? Sounds like a bug. There's an updated bios only a few days old: Download Here and find your CPU model number.
  5. Banned

When I got it the board was BIOS version 3 or something, and I couldn't get it to post with the RAM I bought originally. I upgraded the BIOS to version and 9 and then it was ok.

I'm a bit scared of upgrading it because I've seen so many stories of people who get into a no-post situation from constantly upgrading the bios.

But there's probably been a few more revisions, and I think some people did say that 9 was not entirely stable.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo