1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pentium 4 HT EM64T

I have a Sony Vaio VGC-RB43 and I am wanting to overclock my processor but I don't know how to go about overclocking it
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Your motherboard has to have support for overclocking. Most OEM systems (such as Sony) don't offer overclocking capabilities.

Overclocking is done in your systems BIOS. I doubt Sony has any overclocking options in their BIOS, but you can always take a look!

Comments on this post

• edman007 agrees
  5. Contributing User

sorry for the late response its not in there is their a way to change the bios out of the motherboard for a overclocking bios?
  7. Trapped on the forums...help
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

umm, you can get a new motherboard, then windows will want you to reinstall, and a motherboard replacement is about as much work as building a new computer because you have to remove just about everything (but its cheaper)

if you want to do that just make sure to get a board that has the same CPU socket and ram type, and i recommend http://newegg.com/
  9. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Also, check out devhardware and use Google to find information and tutorials. Overclocking is a lot of fun, and can be a great way to improve your computer's performance, but it also stresses components and voids warranties.
    Not to be elitist, but if you have to ask how to even try to OC, you probably aren't prepared to do it. Once you learn a little more about computer hardware, you'll be able to figure out a lot on your own, and use resources like this forum to iron out the kinks

Comments on this post

• aitken325i agrees : totally
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo