Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am wanting to play some games on my HP pavilion laptop PC. The game I am looking at getting is MotoGP 2008. It says it requires a penitum 4 processor, and recommends a core quad processor. However, my laptop has a Core 2 Duo T5200 1.6ghz. Would this be equivilant to a pentium 4? If a processor is core 2 duo 1.6Ghz, does that mean it has twice the clock speed, so technically it is 3.2ghz??
  3. No Profile Picture

The Celeron Dual Core is limited to 512KB of L2 Cache and has lower Front Side Bus (FSB) and clock speeds than chips higher up on the list. However, it is a very low priced CPU and apparently a good overclocker. The only Celeron Dual Core currently available is the E1200 (January 2008). It has 512 KB of L2 Cache, a clock speed of 1.60 GHz and an 800 MHz FSB.

The Pentium Dual Core is the next step up. With 1 MB of L2 Cache, these chips are still targeted at the cost-conscious. Slightly more expensive and slightly better performing than the Celeron Dual Core. The Pentium Dual Core models are: E2200, E21xx, T23xx, and T20xx. All have 1 MB of L2 Cache, either a 533 MHz or 800 MHz FSB and clock speeds ranging from 1.46 GHz to 2.20 GHz.

The Core Duo chips are dual core cpus that have 2 MB of L2 Cache. This is also a 32-bit architecture (Celeron and most Pentium Dual Cores are 64-bit). The Core Duo processors: T2700, T2600, T2500, T24xx, T23xx, T22xx, T2050, L2500, L2400, L2300 (L=Low voltage), U2500, U2400 (U=Ultra low voltage). All have 2 MB of L2 Cache. FSB is either 533 MHz or 667 MHz and clock speeds range from 1.06 GHz(for the U2400) to 2.33 GHz.

Core 2 Duo cpus are aimed at both desktop and mobile computers in the mid-range of the processor market. This line of cpus have L2 caches ranging from 2MB to 6MB and clock speeds from 1.06 GHz (again, for the Ultra low voltage U7500) to 3.16 GHz. The extra cache and higher clock and bus speeds make these generally more expensive and faster than the Core Duos. Intel claims a 25% performance increase between two similarly clocked Core Duo and Core 2 Duo cpus (but real world benchmarks pegs 5%-15% as a more reasonable claim).

Intel also manufactures the even more expensive and capable Xeon and Itanium dual and quad-core processors for the high-end workstation and server market.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Got a Core 2 Duo on my new laptop, very fast. even if you compare a P4 and a Core 2 Duo with half the clock speed, the core 2 duo is faster.
  7. No Profile Picture

core2Duo is not faster!!!

I read the message that Core2Duo is faster than P4...

Maybe I'm mad, but I turn back from DualCore to P4: 3,4Ghz, because is much faster than the ****ing core2duo.

The first generetion of QuadCore is also ****, your wastin your money.

Please wait for the 2nd generation of Quadcore...
    Core2Duo is trash, the frontsize bus is faster than P4, but if you place Good Stuff into the P4 he is better and much more stable.

Core2Duo is maybe fast, but the Reability is much lower...
    Then you can replace the RAM, for RAM-ecc wich is much higher in price than normal RAM, but RAM-ecc is NOT faster than RAM.
    So, Goodbye Speed.

To give difficult formules and numbers is also nothing, because the people who asking Questions dont know what you means...

Acient Experience does a lot more, because Class A or B has the same Formule...

Good Luck and please give normal answers, because no-one does understand you with your wise terms.

Yoo, grtz from Netherlands.

Comments on this post

• jzd disagrees : This thread is old.
    • medialint agrees : Maybe reverting to an 8086 processor would be ideal.
  9. No Profile Picture

core2 duel new updated or generated model of P4. P4 is also best quality laptop. If you want to make your P4 machine to Core 2 duel. Then you need to visit near laptop show room they check your laptop motherboard support core2 duel or not.

Comments on this post

• salem disagrees : First post - September 23rd, 2006 - did you add anything in any way relevant?
    • medialint disagrees : duel ... *shrug*
  11. No Profile Picture

Apple II was my dreaming machine those years.

Comments on this post

• salem disagrees : First post - September 23rd, 2006 - did you add anything in any way relevant?
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo