1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Processor question

hi i'm looking at 3 dell models - a dell studio or the all singing all dancing alienware range, a little above my price range but they look sooooo good.

what is the difference in performance between an i5-520 2.4ghz processor and an Intel® Core™ 2 Duo SU7300(1.3GHz,800MHz,3MB) and an Intel® Pentium® Dual Core Processor ULV SU4100 (1.30GHz, 2MB, 800MHz)

i'm not that clever when it comes to this and i see just processor speed but there must be more to it than this cos the core 2 duo processor although only 1.3 ghz is in the upper price bracket. can someone explain?

many thanks
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

You have posted 3 very similar questions in 3 different forums. Try to keep the same question in the same thread.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

The i5 is the best choice because it has a quad(4) core(s). The core 2 duo has 2 cores which run simultaneously same as the i5 but comparably slower. To dual core has to cores run they do not run simultaneously therefore theyare slowest by comparison. The processing architecture on the i5 is most advanced(newer) followed by the core 2 duo and lastly dual core.

The core 2 duo is in the upper price market because it is one of the latest generations(models) of that specific processor.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo