Thread: Sempron 2500+

1. Capt'n
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Sempron 2500+

My 1,2 Ghz Athlon machine is about to bite the dust. Seems as though the MB doesn't want to reconize any IDE drives anymore plus the damn thing was never 100% stable. Seemed like got the one chip set at the time that nothing else I had liked to work with.

Anyway, saw a couple MB's I liked offering a Sempron 2500+ bundle for a fair price. Major advantage is I found a motherboard with a game/midi port included. So it looks like the ole Aureal Vortex 2 card will finally be going out.

Going to get 512MB of new RAM and reuse the same vid card and ATA-100 HDD's. ALso going to reuse the same Hatachi GD-2000 DVD-ROM from circa 1998 with its blistering 2x speed and might get a new DVD burner at some point. Already have a superdrive on another computer.

No overclocking and probably running Windows 2000 Professional and used for light gaming. I might get XP home, still not sure yet. Depends on the extra cash leftover at the end of the month.

Wanted to see what others have to say about the chipset. My primary working computer is a dual 2.0 Ghz PowerMac G5 and an older G3 iBook. Basically I just want something to run my classic games like Falcon 4.0, Xwing vs. Tie Fighter, FreeSpace, and maybe a newer title like Knghts of the Old Republic.
    Last edited by kfickert; January 4th, 2005 at 07:33 PM.
    Why? Because Forms just look cooler in OS X...

Dutch, it's like German...but not!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I would recomend Athlon XP 2500+ Barton over sempron 2500+ prices are similar.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo