1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Sheet that gives equivalent AMD processor for Intel processor?

Hello, I was wondering, does anyone here know if there might be a sheet which gives the AMD processor direct equivalent of an Intel processor. I would like such a list to easilly found the equivalent AMD processors for Intel P4, P3, i7 etc ...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There is no such thing as a direct equivalent between AMD and Intel processors. Processors have hundreds of millions to billions of transistors, and there are a lot of ways to arrange a billion transistors. Each processor has its own strengths and weaknesses. It's not even accurate to compare metrics like clock speed and cache size between different architectures made by the same company, must less between architectures made by different companies.

To compare processors you need to first identify what the processor will primarily be used for (ex: playing games, word processing, internet browsing, CAD / modeling work, video encoding, etc.) and then search Google for benchmarks that test various processors performing work similar to the work that you intend to use the processor for.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    There is no such thing as a direct equivalent between AMD and Intel processors ...
    At the moment that is what I do. I find a processor and search on the Internet the direct equivalent of this. However I was hoping for a quicker way to find such information.

Thinking about it, more then intrested in the equivalence between processor based on their performance, I am more intrested in the equivalence between processors based on the time they were released. I might be able to do this from wikipedia.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo