1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs down StartPage-DC - Tried Spybot, CW Shredder and McAfee - Nothing Working

According to McAfee alert, I have the StartPage-DC trojan. I've tried all kinds of scan including CW Shredder and McAFee until someone told me to try SpyBot Search and Destroy. I did that 3 times last night. It found 59 files of junk the first time and cleaned everything but two files. No mention of startpage-dc. Said to reboot. I rebooted and it did another scan automatically. It showed an error on c:\windows\hosts (where the StartPage-DC trojan attaches) but didn't say it was dirty or anything. It said my machine was all clean. It finished rebooting and then McAfee came up saying the StartPage-DC trojan was there. I did another SpyBot Scan and it caught 5 enteries for DSO Exploit. I cleaned that again (it was there the first scan) and did another McAfee Scan and CW Shredder scan. Both said clean. I rebooted the machine and SpyBot caught DSO Exploit again (third time) and then the McAfee alert came up saying StartPage-DC there. What do I do now?!!!
  3. No Profile Picture

hmmm....

maybe u should post this in some other place.... this is the hardware section of the forum.... and from what i can see... u have a BAD problem...

BTW... dont u have a firewall to help block trojans ??

Some kind of antivirus prog. is also a good thing to have..... some of the scanners can detect trojans and deny access to them before they even "touch" your computer....
  5. No Profile Picture

No Firewall...but I've learned a valuable lesson

I'm a home computer user and have had my machine for 3 years. I've never had a single problem. Now it all hit at once. I'm getting a firewall now!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo