1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

System Failure Due to CPU Overclocking

Hello,
    I built my computer roughly 2 years ago with a ASUS A8V Deluxe mobo, AMD Athon processor and 2 GB of Ram. It has been running fine for 2 years and then a few days a ago i noticed my computer was off. I went to turn it back on and it kept saying System Failure due to CPU overclocking. I decided to try and clear the CMOS and after that i ended up getting a BAD Checksum error. Eventually after clearing CMOS multiple times and letting the computer rest i got past both of those errors however every time it got to to "Starting Windows" screen it crashed and restarted.

I then decided to try and repair windows. I put the disk in and went through the prompts. I was successfully able to repair windows and I was able to log into my comp. Then i let the compute sit for about 25 minutes. I noticed that the screen saver came on after about 20 and roughly 10 minutes later i saw it crash and restart......and now it goes back to the starting windows screen and crashes every time and just stays in an endless loop. I figure i can back to normal by repairing windows again but it will probably crash and get back into this state shortly after.

Can anyone help with this situation? I ordered a new power supply to test if that is the issue but i have no way of debugging this without buying new parts one by one.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Here is an update:

I tried to power it on today and i noticed it got past the windows screen and to the windows login window....however as i started to type my password the computer rebooted.....any ideas?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo