1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

is it underclocking??

hello all,
    i have my PC with a AMD Athlon XP 1800+ processor....and i read in some review site that the frequency of this processor is something around 1532Mhz
    now when i checked my processor frequency in the BIOS it showed 1156Mhz...
    is my processor under clocking???do i need to overclock??
    please help
    my comp specificatoin are -
    AMD Athlon XP 1800+ processor on ASUS motherboard
    384mb DD RAM
    nVIDIA GeForce2 @32 MB

and this is for u karsh44....
    i am still facin the draggin music thing when i play songs from rom or access rom.....i tried to reinstall winamp, as suggested by u...but it didnt work...please help me out...

tush
  3. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Looks like your fsb is set to 100mhz when it should be at 133. There's probably a jumper on your mobo to set this, check your manual.
    As for the sound, could you try another cd-rom? That could narrow the problem. Reply back on your other thread
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  5. No Profile Picture

Smile

hello dave,
    well, i changed the jumper positions on my mobo and voila!!! got my processor working at 1.54GHz...i have changed my fsb to 133...thanks a lot...just wanted to know whether changing the fsb to increase the clock speed can have adverse affect on my processor???
  7. fifo

Your fsb is supposed to be at 133mhz so there will be no problems leaving it there. Increasing the fsb over the rated 133mhz of your processer will increase performance at the cost of greater heat and instability. A small amount of o/c of your fsb say about +10mhz shouldn't be too much of a problem for the stock heatsink and fan bundled with your processer but as you get higher, you'll need more and more cooling throughout your system. Have a look at http://www.overclockers.com/articles740/ if your interested. and make sure that you slowly overclock in very small increments until you're aware of your cpu's limits. Have fun but remember that overclocking will void your warrenty and can melt your cpu/ram/chipset/everything if not done correctly!
    Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cosy, doesn't try it on. - Billy Connolly

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo