1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation my computer restarts after logon screen

hi

my computer loads on the boot screen it freezez a bit then continues loading after ther welcome screen it shows me my desktop for like 1second then restarts

then when it starts properly i get a error messages
    computer has recoverd from a seriouse error or sumthing liek that

any help
  3. No Profile Picture

bnoo

hey, Im just having same problems with my own pc......i found after a while the who pc crashed with a corrupt error in windows and so it was unable to run so maybe that where ya problems lying.......ya best bet is probably saving everything to a back up disk and inserting the windows disk and repair any files.......failing that get hold of ya required start up floppy and re-format the hard drive as I myself have been advised to do myself when I rang up about the problem. I'll admit im no expert on the matter so if any one else has ay other ideas feel free.......good luck with it
  5. Contributing User

Try to boot in safe mode and try to fix it in the safe mode. That's reason window has the safe mode....
    Have fun with it.
  7. No Profile Picture

if it is an error with a file/files then the best way to fix it is go into safe mode (F8 when its booting up) like yrmama sed, and then run scandisk. that can be found sumwhere within control panel and services i think, or theres a run command which is scn.dsk (but im not sure about that). but anyways... if it is a file error that will find and repair it wen you reboot. good luck.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo