1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Nice cpu/mobo combo

Good evening people looking to build my first computer, but want to know wat a good cpu/mobo combo is, I want to go for a p4 ~3GHZ cpu and wondered what a good motherboard would be, it would need to have 5 pci slots usb 2, 4gb ram capacitiy, sata etc, then since I love my media, would need to be able to fit sound card, video card etc, so suggestions on those components too (was thinking nvidia for graphics card)

many thanks!

hob
  3. Contributing User

Why not go Athlon?

Theres tonnes of cheap mobo's with Nforce 4 Ultra chipsets that would work nice with that an Nvidia 6800/7800GT .. and Athlon CPU's are fantastic.

A few features such as firewall dont run to well on Nforce 4 but its easy to just disable the firewall and run your own version instead.

Dirk
  5. www.devhardware.com/forums

My choices would be a nice DFI motherboard and a kickass Athlon CPU.

Are you willing to spend money? Get Nforce 4 Ultra of SLI motherboard of DFI. Get a socket 939 Athlon 3200+ Venice or 3500+ CPU. Get 6800 or 7800GT as Dirk suggested. And you are ready to rock...
    For your more complex hardware related problems, visit DevShed's sister forums: DevHardware
    If you don't already know about it, please checkout our guide to Folding@Home . Join DevHardware team and help cure diseases. Your support is valuable and much appreciated. *
  7. Thinking!

Originally Posted by t3j45
    My choices would be a nice DFI motherboard and a kickass Athlon CPU.

Are you willing to spend money? Get Nforce 4 Ultra of SLI motherboard of DFI. Get a socket 939 Athlon 3200+ Venice or 3500+ CPU. Get 6800 or 7800GT as Dirk suggested. And you are ready to rock...
    Good choices there tejas...I like the combination.

Dont forget to add to that a decent psu (Tagan and Seasonic make excellent psu's and their flagships will provide quality power and excellent rails).

Comments on this post

• t3j45 agrees : Whts up Ice! :D

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo