1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Un realistic temp of CPU

i am using a
    "COMPAQ PRESARIO 5000
    AMD K-7 processer 1.2ghz
    Via tech vt82c686a chipset mother board"
    i installed "MSI PC ALERT 4" on my pc.
    it shows 129*C of the CPU temperature. Does anyone know whether it is the right tool to use on my PC ? If not tell me which tool would be best for me but if it is the telling the right temp then what should i do for this roasting CPU ?
  3. www.devhardware.com/forums

Your CPU would've fried at this temperature. Definitely something wrong there..

I have had such problem with SpeedFan. I tried a few other applications at the time, which included Sisoft Sandra Lite which is an excellent application. You can also grab the remaining free copies of Everest Home Edition. When you get such faulty results, try one or two more apps to verify results.

Depending on CPUs, 65C would be a max temp.
    For your more complex hardware related problems, visit DevShed's sister forums: DevHardware
    If you don't already know about it, please checkout our guide to Folding@Home . Join DevHardware team and help cure diseases. Your support is valuable and much appreciated. *
  5. No Profile Picture
    what do I know about diamonds?
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

i have the same problem with my amd chip, have since i got it. the censors say it is constantly at 95 celcious. which it would be melting at. the bios and speed fan both report the crazy temperatures.

7. No Profile Picture

Hey t3j45, where can you get that Sisoft Sandra Lite Ive looked on google but it only takes me to SiSoftware and i cant find it on there

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo