1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

E-Machine T3256, upgrade chip???

as above, i have an eMachine T3256 with an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ processor that I would like to upgrade...i have been told that i could get up to a 3800+, so I would like to confirm this or better...also, i am new to this so what info would i have to get to get this chip, where/how to find it, and can anyone help me in locating the upgrade chip??? A pc techy in a store here said he would put it in for me if i find one......
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by iwoodsydragon@y
    as above, i have an eMachine T3256 with an AMD Athlon XP 3200+ processor that I would like to upgrade...i have been told that i could get up to a 3800+, so I would like to confirm this or better...also, i am new to this so what info would i have to get to get this chip, where/how to find it, and can anyone help me in locating the upgrade chip??? A pc techy in a store here said he would put it in for me if i find one......
    The Athlon XP 3200+ was about the fastest Athlon XP processor AMD produced for that line. An Athlon 3800+ would be either a 64 bit single or dual core processor, neither of which would work on your E-Machines.

Here's a spiffy link showing your system's specs based on the model you cited

AMD's product listing for the higher rated Athlon XP series.

If you're interested in upgrading your computer, you may be best off just saving up for something new all together. Otherwise, you could probably find some DDR RAM cheap to put in there, but you're not going to get a huge performance jump from it.
  5. No Profile Picture

Just had my emachines too, they always say that you better buy a new laptop than trying to fix it cause the cost will have very little figure difference.
  7. No Profile Picture

Buy a 1 gig ddr333 package and an nvidia card for around 200 dollars. A geforece 6800 or better should be a great deal and play those games fine.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo