November 15th, 2012, 08:38 AM
idk if it related to here but i steel need help so...
anyway in know about registers, i'm writing cheats and there some stuff i dont understand i would like u to help me about.
1. what kind of values registers are holding? like if i see 02F00000 what does it mean ( i know it hex, but is it an address or value)
2. what is offest
3. what is calculation in registers with offes (e.g
January 15th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Stale question. And maybe home work so is time to be academic.
1. On many CPUs Registister hold a number and the use do it determines if it is an address or some other data. Some registers are expected to hold addresses on like the program counter and stack pointer. For a general purpose register you cannot tell.
2. An offset is amount to add or subtract from a base address to get a final address where some action will take place.
3. You snippet of code is an X86 addressing mode. It is best if you read up on x86 addressing modes to understand this better.