1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

No signal on my monitor

Hello
    I am new on here and I have been having a problem with my pc. I have a hp Pavilion elite hpe-140f PC that I use to run a small home recording studio. Anyhow I recently moved my equipment and ever since I have not been able to get a signal on my monitor. It did twice in which when I shut it down it did not work after. Two days of trying and finally it worked again. Although I downloaded the newest version of itunes and when it had to restart I could not get signal once again. This is very frustrating, having to deal with this. I opened the shell n got rid of the dust and still nothing. Please Help
    thnks
  3. No Profile Picture

vga ports

Originally Posted by biggchuckk
    Hello
    I am new on here and I have been having a problem with my pc. I have a hp Pavilion elite hpe-140f PC that I use to run a small home recording studio. Anyhow I recently moved my equipment and ever since I have not been able to get a signal on my monitor. It did twice in which when I shut it down it did not work after. Two days of trying and finally it worked again. Although I downloaded the newest version of itunes and when it had to restart I could not get signal once again. This is very frustrating, having to deal with this. I opened the shell n got rid of the dust and still nothing. Please Help
    thnks
    hi from what you have wrote i may just be hazzarding a guess here but i hope this may help.

you said you moved your equiptment is it possible that the vga ports have been caught and come lose or the wiring inside either the monitor or computers vga sockets ribbons/wires/hardware components may have become faulty as this may explain why the monitor keeps losing and gaining signal.

Sorry if this doesnt help but great if this does

regards.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by mbamber1986
    hi from what you have wrote i may just be hazzarding a guess here but i hope this may help.

you said you moved your equiptment is it possible that the vga ports have been caught and come lose or the wiring inside either the monitor or computers vga sockets ribbons/wires/hardware components may have become faulty as this may explain why the monitor keeps losing and gaining signal.

Sorry if this doesnt help but great if this does

regards.
    I did check n everything looked ok. I asked someone at a nearby staples and they told me to run the cpu then connect the hdmi. I did and still nothing . I appreciate your response thnks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Are you using onboard video or a separate video card?
    If its a plug-in graphics card, then, its possible. the card may need to be unplugged and re-inserted into its slot to "refresh" its contact with the slot its in.

You need to make sure PC is turned off and unplugged from power before trying the removal/reinsertion process [if its a separate card ].

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo