Results: What do you think to my blank website templates? 

Voters
1 You may not vote on this poll

• They are great - I will use them a lot
    100.00%
  • They are good but I like to make my own
    0%
  • They are okay but not what I'm looking for
    0%
  • I don't like them at all
    0%
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Blank CSS Templates

Hey everyone. I am new here and this forum looks great. Already found loads of cool PHP ideas just by reading through some of the other posts.

I thought for my first post, I would put something into the community.

I have created a number of blank css website templates and posted them on my site. I use these as a starting point whenever I create a new site and I find they save me a lot of time.

The whole idea of them is to be very basic - even the homepage. I didn't want to fill the templates with loads of stuff you would want to take out but I thought it was important to have enough in there so you can see the idea behind each one.

I'd love to hear back from you all and know what you think to them.

blankcss.com

Looking forward to the responses
  3. |<.+#f@#+.&.|
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Borderline spam, but anyway you should avoid using the star-selector for universal reset of margins, padding and borders, especially since you offer these as templates. Not only is it a bad coding practice it can make more trouble for the people that downloads one of your templates if they are unaware of its effect.
    http://kurafire.net/log/archive/2005...-css-revisited
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Akh - sorry, I didn't mean for it to look like spam at all. I am genuinely interested in comments and advice like you have given.

I have read that article which you have linked and I agree - I will avoid using the * selector in the future and will update my templates accordingly.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo