1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Browser Compatibility

http://warcraftpress.com/index.php

(If it displays a whitepage, revisit the link again)

Working on browser compatibility, and well, IE is a stubborn one, yes? For some reason, it places post areas below the right menu, as well as some spacing issues. I've checked in FireFox 3 (which I designed in), Safari, and Opera, but only IE does this issue. (IE7, I mean. I no longer care to support IE6)

One other thing I see is the menu items's arrow graphic cuts off in other browsers, I'd say it has to do with the height and other specifications in the CSS, but I do make a mess to try and make something work :P The big arrow graphic (the normal) is at a height of 22, while the small (sub menu) one is 18. Both are in pixel measurements.

Thanks a lot in advance for the help! You can find the stylesheet here:

http://warcraftpress.com/wp-content/themes/default/style.css
  3. Retired
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Validate your xHTML first.

The non-unique IDs may be causing issues if there is styling attributed to it.
    CSS check

Cheers,
    Jamie

>_ My Music Blog | Losing weight @notsoheavyblog | My Tweets

Let the might of your compassion arise to bring a quick end
    to the flowing stream of the blood and tears .....
    Please hear my anguished words of truth.

5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jabba_29
    Validate your xHTML first.

The non-unique IDs may be causing issues if there is styling attributed to it.
    CSS check
    I knew it wasn't fully valid, but I also was confused on the whole difference of ID and classes. But now I understand a bit more and reserve IDs for one time processes on a page.

It's now valid, and I also fixed the IE7 issue with the post part was falling down. Now it just has a gap on the lower area of the top image of posts (post_top.png). As well, it seems to have a problem with pushing the header part far down, which I believe is just how IE7 handles the height, padding, and margin attribute combinations, so I'll check into that.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Anyone got an idea how to remove the spacing below post_top.png, which only effects IE7? Thanks
  9. Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Can you screenshot it in a correct browser and then IE7 and point out the error? I'm not seeing anything.
    Use markup the semantic way. You wouldn't want your dog answering the phone for you, would you?
    HTML Validator || CSS Validator -- HTML / CSS Main forums. JavaScript and PHP...maybe
    Bones: HTML; Skin: CSS; Muscle: JavaScript; Brains: PHP; Memory: MySQL
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n210/GHOwner/spacing-issue-warcraftpress.jpg

It shows the spacing issue (only in IE7 I believe) and what it should look like (taken in FF3)
    Thanks

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo