1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Building Menu hidden div?

I am trying to build a menu that will load content either on the right of it or the left.

I have looked for a tutorial on how to do this but am having no luck with the search engines.

Here is a picture of what I would like to do.

If anyone can assist me with this it would be very helpful. Or maybe even point me in the direction of a source.

Thank you!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Judging from what you've described you are wanting two columns. The left column in the picture shows buttons on the left where if you click on one of the buttons the page will load content into the right column?

Is this correct? If so, are you planning on using JavaScript or will you have a page for each button?

2 Column layout in CSS
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I can use javascript if it needs to be used but what I need is the button to load the content on the right then when the user clicks button 2 it loads new content and clears out the old content from button 1
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Review this sample page and edit as needed. It should suffice for homework and allow you to learn/experiment with HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. You can learn more about the three through

Mozilla Developer Network
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks! I accidently put homework in the thing. I dont post here much. I will tinker with this and it should be a lot of fun!

Thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo