1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Confused... YouTube

Hi, i am in the middle of designing a website and i need to create an area to insert a YouTube video...

All the videos on YouTube seem to be 640px X 385px HOWEVER the give you an embed option of 640px X 480px

This is a bit confusing... what size space should i allow for, thanks in advance for your help...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't know for sure, but the extra height might be for the controls. If the embed option they give you is 640x480 then that's what you should plan for...
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. For POny!
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by oo7ml
    Hi, i am in the middle of designing a website and i need to create an area to insert a YouTube video...

All the videos on YouTube seem to be 640px X 385px HOWEVER the give you an embed option of 640px X 480px

This is a bit confusing... what size space should i allow for, thanks in advance for your help...
    As far as I know you can alter the dimensions of the iframe as you like. The video+player dynamically change in dimension depending on the size of the iframe. Although it's smart to keep the height:width ratio of the iframe intact. That way you don't end up with too much of a black background either at the sides of the video.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo