1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Converting from flash to css

Ive been trying to make this site for a friend,
    http://www.force-g.net/nathan/mainpage.html
    he wants a specific design so I made it with flash. The problem is useless with flash and thats as far as I can get. Can anyone give me a hand or some hints on how I could replicate this design with html and css. Would I have to use frames or can I divide the page with css? Or should I just stick to the flash design I have already?
  3. Anal Purist
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

What you want to do requires actually learning (X)HTML + CSS, and working with that knowledge to develop your idea into a working site. Although this forum is a great source for help with specific problems, I don't think it's the place for learning CSS basics - there are thousands of sites which will teach you the basic layout techniques you require to build your layout; just take a look at the CSS resources thread to see a good selection of reference material.

To answer your questions, You don't need to use frames, you can divide the page using styles associated with <div> tags, and
    if you're better at Flash than (X)HTML/CSS then I recommend sticking with Flash, and learning how to use it properly. Having said that I wouldn't recommend building a whole site with Flash unless it's going to heavily depend on animation. You'll quickly run into accessibility issues anyway.

If you want to build a website, you're going to have to learn how to do it - which means researching and learning. It's time consuming and depending on your inclinations, boring and difficult*.

I wholly recommend buying a book, looking at some tutorial sites and commiting some time to learning

* Not my opinion...

Comments on this post

• Kravvitz agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo