1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Create DIV that goes past parent DIV for logo (Wordpress)

Hi all,
    I am having a problem i really just can't work out and thought maybe you guys could help.

The site (wordpress)
    Website

The problem
    I want the logo to be like in 'image 2'. This means its crossing over divs (including its parent). And i haven't be able to work out how to do it.

Images
    Image 1 - current

Image 2 - An idea of what i am trying to do.

Thank you in advance for any and all help you can give me, i've tried everything i can think of.

Cheers
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Kravvitz; January 9th, 2018 at 03:29 PM. Reason: made the images appear inline
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You'd be more likely to get help if you asked us to look at a page that did not have a right-click-blocking script.

Also why are the <dl> elements being used without <dd> elements?

I'd start by finding where in the JS ".header" is being given an inline style of "overflow:hidden" (assuming you were hoping not to change the HTML).

Comments on this post

• redpanda agrees : Thanks for trying to help
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Learn CSS. | PHP includes | HTML Validator | CSS validator

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Kravvitz
    You'd be more likely to get help if you asked us to look at a page that did not have a right-click-blocking script.

Also why are the <dl> elements being used without <dd> elements?

I'd start by finding where in the JS ".header" is being given an inline style of "overflow:hidden" (assuming you were hoping not to change the HTML).
    Ahhh i didn't think about that, thanks, i will keep it mind, i think i can turn it off (never turned it on in the first place, just part of the theme), would that help?

I'll give what you said a shot, thanks heaps for the help, i'll let you know how it goes.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo