I'm a non-coder, so please excuse the inline css while I am working to build my page.

I am creating the page in a Wordpress Post. I want to have a "featured" section in the middle of my page with three columns in it. My results wind up with two of the columns starting properly at the top of the container, while the third column winds up starting below those two, as if I had entered a carriage return.

I want a variable size page, so I am trying to use percentages, but am willing to go with pixels if need be. However, the main container is already a percentage and it would require working backwards a lot. Besides, I really like the cool things that css does adjusting to monitor size when percentages are in play.

Anyhoo, here's the relevant code. Can anyone tell me why the third column displays below the other two, and how to fix it?

Thanks,
Kirk

Code:
<div id="featured" style="height: 600px; display: block; background-image: url(<?php echo (site_url('/')); ?>wp-content/images/store-featured-bg.png); background-repeat: repeat-x; margin-right: 12%; padding: 12px; margin-top: 26px; ">
<span id="featured-left" style="height: 100%; display: block; float: left; width: 18%; text-align: center;">xxx</span><span id="featured-middle" style="height: 100%; display: block; text-align: center; margin-left: 20%; width: 56%; ">xxx</span><span id="featured-right" style="height: 100%; display: block; float: right; width: 18%; text-align: center;">xxx</span></div><!-- End featured-->
</div><!-- End main -->