1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Exclamation CSS background image problem!

Site

I have a table that consists of one row and three colums (the navigation, main, and login/poll).

The main one, I assigned the class of "table"
    The navigation one, I assigned the class of "table1"
    The login/poll, I assigned the class of "table2"

Here is the CSS code:

.table { background-attachment: fixed; background-image: url(/images/MainBack.gif); background-position: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    .table2 { background-attachment: fixed; background-image: url(/images/NavigationBack.gif); background-position: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat;}
    .table3 { background-attachment: fixed; background-image: url(/images/LoginBack1.gif); background-position: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat;}

How can I get the background images to ALWAYS fit the exact size of the table cell no matter the resoultion or change in the cell?

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture

hey... i dunno how you can change the bg properties to fit wherever it is, however, u can set the blue background (the one in the middle) in table (three rows and three cells).
    You should cut the image into 9 pieces and put them into the respective cells.
    The corner cells would have a fixed pixels size (same as corner images).
    The left, right, top and bottom cells would not have a defined size (so it would be "adaptable" to any resolution).
    The center cell wouldnt have any size either, and thats where the content would be...
    You could see an example <a href="www.asdy.blogger.com.br" target="_blank">HERE</a>.

Hope this was of any use!
  5. Contributing User

Wouldn't that require changing every page to have the table in it?

That is a ton of work

Thanks though

Does anyone know a faster way to achieve this?
  7. No Profile Picture

i don't think you can mess with the size of background images on the fly. i could be wrong but ive never found the style (or script) to do it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo