1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Css to centre flash

hi.. i am totaly new to this and don't know what I'm doing!

can anyone help me centre my games with css not with tables? at the momment it looks fine in firefox and ok in some resolutions on internet explorer
    http://www.free-online-games-player.co.uk/police-chopper-game.html

thanks
  3. Thanks Johnny Hart (BC) R.I.P.

In that case, being new and all, work through some tutorials. Google is your friend. Search on 'css tutorial'.

Invalid html markup is always trouble in waiting. Validate your html , and correct your errors. That is step one.

To make IE act more closely like a modern browser, you must use a proper DTD. For new documents, always use a strict DTD. HTML 4.01 strict would be best in this case.

cheers,

gary
    Last edited by kk5st; May 15th, 2006 at 03:36 PM. Reason: had the wrong url in the validation link
    There are those who manage to build a web site without knowing what they're doing; thereby proving to themselves they do, indeed, know what they're doing.

My html and css workshop, demos and tutorials.
    Ask a better question, get a better answer.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

trouble

I'm finding it very difficult to validate better, i think i have the right stuff in my header?

Originally Posted by kk5st
    In that case, being new and all, work through some tutorials. Google is your friend. Search on 'css tutorial'.

Invalid html markup is always trouble in waiting. Validate your html , and correct your errors. That is step one.

To make IE act more closely like a modern browser, you must use a proper DTD. For new documents, always use a strict DTD. HTML 4.01 strict would be best in this case.

cheers,

gary
  7. Thanks Johnny Hart (BC) R.I.P.

You must use the complete DTD, including the url. Further, any new document should use a strict DTD. The only reason for a loose or transitional DTD is old pages that have deprecated elements and attributes. There is no sane reason to use those in a new page.

While rereading the DTD article at A List Apart, search on "Flash satay" for an article on properly coding flash elements. The embed tag is not a part of html and never has been.

You have elements belonging to the head section in the body section.

cheers,

gary
    There are those who manage to build a web site without knowing what they're doing; thereby proving to themselves they do, indeed, know what they're doing.

My html and css workshop, demos and tutorials.
    Ask a better question, get a better answer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo