1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CSS Classes not working in Mozilla

Hi, I've been working with a webpage in both IE and Mozilla, and all of a sudden, Mozilla's decided that it's not going to give the properties of classes to the elements that I assign them to. Here's the style section of the page if this helps any:

<style type="text/css">

A {text-decoration: none; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 12};
    A:link {text-decoration: none; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 12};
    A:hover {text-decoration: underline; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 12};

.HiddenMenu { position: absolute; top: 88; visibility: hidden; background: #CC0000; width: 200;};
    .Image {position: absolute;};

</style>

The problem I'm sure is occuring with the HiddenMenu class, but I think it is also happening for the Image class. If anyone has any ideas why this is happening, it would be helpful. Otherwise I'll have to *cringe* copy the style into each individual element, which depletes the purpose of a class in the first place. Thanks,

Eric
  3. mod_dev_shed
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You have extraneous semi-colons (;) at the end of each style declaration:
    Code:
    .foo
      { /* begin style declaration */
      font-size: small;
      } /* end style declaration -- NO SEMI COLON */
    If that doesn't solve the problem, you'll need to provide the HTML associated with these classes.
    # Jeremy

Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Wow... It's the small stupid things that make the biggest differences. Thank you very much.

Eric

PS. You know, it makes me wonder why no one in on the Mozilla project has made ammends to this bug. Maybe I'll give them a buzz.
  7. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally posted by wallyweezle
    Wow... It's the small stupid things that make the biggest differences. Thank you very much.

Eric

PS. You know, it makes me wonder why no one in on the Mozilla project has made ammends to this bug. Maybe I'll give them a buzz.
    Actually, Mozilla is one of the only browsers available that nearly perfectly meets every standard set out by the W3C.

Its Internet Explorer that needs to clean up its CSS support. Email Microsoft, not Mozilla.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by wallyweezle

Eric

This is not a bug. Now IE allowing bad code, that's a bug.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo