1. They're coming to take me away

CSS drop down menu

I had made a site with a pure CSS drop down menu (using hover). The problem is that it works fine in the various browsers... IE6, FF1.x, NS, Opera... But it doesn't work in IE7. Anyone know a work around for using the hover as a drop down with IE7? I can paste the code later (when I get back to where my site is) if needed.

Thanks for any input.
  3. Standing 3 feet to the left.
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Do you use a:hover? If so, I found this article-thing about a bug in IE7 (beta 2), which might be the problem. It appears that the problem only occurs if you have the a:hover code in a stylesheet; if it's in a styleblock (which most take as bad form for site-wide code), then it's fine.

It also has a rememdy to the problem. Namely, do this on the page itself:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    @import "stylesheet.css";
    a:hover{}
    <style>
    I know that IE has problems, but this is just weird.
    Last edited by Tukaro; January 18th, 2007 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Typo
  5. They're coming to take me away

Originally Posted by Tukaro
    Do you use a:hover? If so, I found this article-thing about a bug in IE7 (beta 2), which might be the problem. It appears that the problem only occurs if you have the a:hover code in a stylesheet; if it's in a styleblock (which most take as bad form for site-wide code), then it's fine.

It also has a rememdy to the problem. Namely, do this on the page itself:
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    @import "stylesheet.css";
    a:hover{}
    <style>
    I know that IE has problems, but this is just weird.
    Thanks for the response.... I don't think that's the problem, as my css code for this part is in the page itself.. I was planning on moving it the the .css file after I got it working.. but I'll try what you mentioned anyways.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo