1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CSS Dropdown Menu

i'm having a problem with a couple attributes for my CSS dropdowns.

view the page here
    (both CSS and XHTML are on the same page)

specifically my .hoverBase:hover .hoverLaunch {} class
    which reads as such:
    Code:
    .hoverBase:hover .hoverLaunch {
    	display:block;
    	position:absolute;
    	top:15px;
    	left:-3px;
    	width:70px;
    	border:3px solid #000000;
    	text-align: center;
    	z-index: 30;
    }
    the problem is that IE6 will not display the .hoverLaunch class like FireBird does, in fact, it does not display at all. Another awesome feature of IE6 is that the :hover i have applied on the .hoverbase does not work either. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kcocgibkcusuoy; May 12th, 2004 at 12:05 AM. Reason: whoops, float: is fine. just the :hover is causing me headaches.
  3. Contributing (?) User

hi kcocgibkcusuoy

i dont know an answer to the question but i can tell ya that ie does not recognise the hover class at all, only when applied to a:hover
    hope that helps... take care... ian
    feel free to email me... the cockney one...
    ian*at*thereddevil.net
  5. Contributing User

well, that's where the perplexion comes in. i have the width/height specified to 100% for the <a> in the menu. Although, now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure that IE won't acknowledge the height/width attributes for <a>.

I'm not sure how to work around this, not so much for the "style" aspect, but for functionality. I'd like to see the menu working on both FB and IE.
  7. what's your moniker?

Originally Posted by kcocgibkcusuoy
    well, that's where the perplexion comes in. i have the width/height specified to 100% for the <a> in the menu. Although, now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure that IE won't acknowledge the height/width attributes for <a>.

I'm not sure how to work around this, not so much for the "style" aspect, but for functionality. I'd like to see the menu working on both FB and IE.
    Well you can apply width and height to a link since you have it displayed as a block. alistapart has an article on making these menus work in IE.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by stinkoman
    Well you can apply width and height to a link since you have it displayed as a block. alistapart has an article on making these menus work in IE.
    yes, i can. and if you notice, i have. IE still refuses to size the links as it should. anyone care to take a crack at it?

I've got the background issue figured out now, this thing is flawlwss in FireBird. It seems IE will be the Cher to my Sonny.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo