1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

CSS formatting totally different for IE

OK, I have every page except one working on all browsers and platforms.

You can and example here Please view this oage in IE8, 9 or 10

Here's my code::
    Code:
    <a id="Administrative-Assistant"><p class="body_text"><b>Administrative Assistance </b></a><br /> Our team has built solid relationships with insurers and has knowledge of operations which allows us to efficiently monitor progress and accomplish desired solutions. We personally get involved with your benefits and provide service with the highest level of integrity and empathy.  </p><br /> <br />
    Here's my CSS::
    Code:
    p.body_text{
    color: #6d6e70;
    font-size:12pt;
    line-height:16pt;
    font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    }
    The issue is the that the title within the <b> markup, has a huge space below it. The text below the bolded title is too far down. This only happens on this page.

Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?

thanks!
    Last edited by lelales; April 29th, 2013 at 05:30 PM.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Your code is "tag soup".

If you just want to use an ID, you don't need an anchor tag for that; just give the ID to the <p> or the <b>. However, I should mention that the text in the <b> looks like it should be marked up as a heading, especially with that <br> after it.

Before:
    Code:
    <a id="Administrative-Assistant"><p class="body_text"><b>Administrative Assistance </b></a><br />
    Our team has built solid relationships with insurers and has knowledge of operations which allows us to efficiently monitor progress and accomplish desired solutions. We personally get involved with your benefits and provide service with the highest level of integrity and empathy. 
    <br />
    <br />
    Whether you have questions regarding your monthly billing or merely how to complete an administrative task we are happy to help you.
    </p>
    After:
    Code:
    <h2 id="Administrative-Assistant">Administrative Assistance</h2>
    <p class="body_text">Our team has built solid relationships with insurers and has knowledge of operations which allows us to efficiently monitor progress and accomplish desired solutions. We personally get involved with your benefits and provide service with the highest level of integrity and empathy. 
    </p>
    <p class="body_text">Whether you have questions regarding your monthly billing or merely how to complete an administrative task we are happy to help you.
    </p>
    Last edited by Kravvitz; April 30th, 2013 at 01:44 AM.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

thanks Kravvitz

that did the trick,
    thanks so much!!
    -

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo