1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Css problem with internet explorer

I am trying to see what is the problem at my css with internet explorer , banner is appearing over the text however in firefox, safari or opera it works fine.

Please check it here:
    ucables.com

css style used is here:
    ucables.com/account/styles/ucables.css

Please can you help me to find what is the problem i dont know what internet explorer bug is causing this problem

THank you in advance
  3. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Hi,

I'm sorry, I actually gave up on your code about 30 minutes into debugging. Sorry if this seems harsh but there is so much wrong with your code I honestly don't even know where to begin. I'll try to alert you to you errors

1. You are using align=center on the middle div when you should be floating it. But floating it causes a problem in itself. You need to re-arrange your code into a typical 3 column layout type of format
    2. You have multiple documents in your page for some reason. Why? *Sigh* just validate your document, PLEASE
    3. You are using deprecated HTML such as align=center and <font> tags. Not to mention you are using tables, which so help me god, is making your code so bloated and hard to understand that this usual task of re-structuring your HTML, turned out to be too much of a pain for me.

This isn't an internet explorer bug, It's the fact that you didn't float the column/image and then clear the text below it. Honestly, if I were you (but you probably won't want to waste your time working more) I would re-do that entire code semantically. You have JS in the HTML, deprecated st*ff, tables. How are you even coding it? I would get confused 5 minutes in.

Sorry if this seems harsh, but it is my personal criticism, and the reason why I can not debug this problem for you. I am literally overwhelmed. Oh and one more thing, that navbar that has position:fixed; on it (or emulated so, because I don't think you used CSS for it, since I can't find it) is REALLY REALLY annoying. Scrolling with you wherever you go. Drop the position:fixed idea for that navbar. It is annoying.

HTH
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  5. No Profile Picture

Question Can you help me to redesign all site?

Can you help me to redesign all site?

Thank you in advance
  7. Eager to learn

Not unless you pay me.
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  9. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Skipt
    Oh and one more thing, that navbar that has position:fixed; on it (or emulated so, because I don't think you used CSS for it, since I can't find it) is REALLY REALLY annoying. Scrolling with you wherever you go. Drop the position:fixed idea for that navbar. It is annoying.
    Real position:fixed wouldn't lag behind as the page scrolls like that. And yeah, it's really annoying.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Learn CSS. | PHP includes | HTML Validator | CSS validator

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  11. Eager to learn

Yes, I thought so. That's why I said this part
    Originally Posted by EricReese
    (or emulated so, because I don't think you used CSS for it, since I can't find it
    I couldn't find it in Firebug, so i assumed JS was the culprit here.

- marnixR
  13. No Profile Picture

Of course

Of course, i appreciate your work.

Please contact me, and send me quotation, and your email, i cant send private messages here

Thank you
  15. Eager to learn

Originally Posted by ucables.com
    Of course, i appreciate your work.

Please contact me, and send me quotation, and your email, i cant send private messages here

Thank you
    I have sent you a PM.

- marnixR

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo