1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

CSS Not working in Internet Explorer

Hello my css on my site works fine in Firefox but in IE everything is mixed up can someone look at www.knowbrockville.com and tell me what's wrong in IE?

Thanks
    Tim
    Daily Deals from Kingston to Brockville and Cornwall Ontario. www.seawaydeals.com
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hey Tim,

Are you still experiencing issues with the CSS on your site and Internet Explorer? If so, would you mind sharing what issues specifically you're having - I checked the site out and it looked just fine in IE10 (well, it looks the same as it does in Chrome).

There are a few things that I would encourage as general tips to having a better cross-browser experience:

1. Use a standards doctype: <!DOCTYPE html> will cause your page to appear in Standards-Mode in all major browsers. This prevents it from being rendered in quirks mode, which only exists for backward compatability.
    2. Validate your markup: Use a validation service online to ensure that your HTML is properly authored, and thus will be properly interpreted by each browser when it's parsed to construct the DOM tree. If different browsers interpret your HTML differently, this could result in unexpected differences in styling.
    3. Use progressive-enhancement: Don't rely on experimental modern features of CSS. Instead, build your page to use a baseline of features when it comes to design. From there, progressively enhance the design with newer effects. This way, when older browsers come across your page they aren't entirely broken, but rather fall back to supporting only the more primitive feature-set.

Would love to help in any way possible; let me know how things are going.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo