Thread: CSS Layout Help

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CSS Layout Help

The site I'm working on is located at the following address:

http://www.solinari.net/div.php

On the left, the navigation is in two pieces - a left and a right piece. I need to have both pieces extend to the bottom of however long the page is. The bottom div's of both pieces of the navigation each have an image repeating vertically, my question is how to get the div to extend to the bottom of the page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Solinari
  3. Thanks Johnny Hart (BC) R.I.P.

There are a number of ways to achieve the results you want. The problem is that you don't have semantically or structurally correct HTML to work with. I've attached a screen cap from Lynx. That's pretty much what you wrote, minus the style elements. It's also what assistive technology ie. screen readers, Braille, &c. will render.

Refactor your content with HTML markups that correctly reflect the semantics and structure of your elements. Once there is HTML to define the content, style rules may be developed to create the layout you desire. Look at css Zen Garden fully realize the separation between HTML and style.

cheers,

gary
    Attached Images
    There are those who manage to build a web site without knowing what they're doing; thereby proving to themselves they do, indeed, know what they're doing.

My html and css workshop, demos and tutorials.
    Ask a better question, get a better answer.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo